ROC is a wholesaler of footwear and we are bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act. Contact our head office on +612 9525 6288 for further information.
Personal information we collect
Personal information which we may collect and hold include your:
- Credit card details
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Transaction details about purchases you make
If you do not provide certain personal information to us, this may affect our ability to provide our goods or services to you or your ability to receive special offers.
How we collect personal information
We may collect your personal information in various ways, including:
- from our own records regarding your previous purchases or other records held at our head office, including various departments such as Human Resources, Finance, Marketing and Information Services;
- when you visit our website (for more information on what information is collected, see "Cookies" and "Information Security" below); and
- From information in the public domain.
Any personal information provided to ROC will be treated in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. For more information regarding the Privacy Act, please refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website: www.oaic.gov.au.
Use of information collected
Any personal information ROC collects through the course of normal business dealings will be used solely for the purposes for which it was collected. ROC does not sell, trade or share personal information to third parties. We may use your personal information:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide you with our goods or services;
- to charge or bill your for those goods or services (including debt collection);
- to perform statistical analysis of customer shopping habits or other similar activities (for internal marketing purposes only);
- to send you information about our promotions and products; and
- to obtain feedback on how to improve our products or customer service.
ROC does not send unsolicited e-mails.
Disclosure of information collected
In some instances, it is necessary to disclose some of your personal information to third parties or contractors, such as providers of:
- delivery services;
- information technology services;
- data storage or processing services;
- billing and debt-recovery services;
- customer enquiries services;
- mailing service services; and
- internal market research or website usage analysis.
However, ROC will take reasonable steps to ensure our suppliers and contractors only use the information provided to them for relevant purposes.
In limited circumstances, ROC may also disclose your personal information to:
- our professional advisors, such as our lawyers, accountants, and auditors;
- to government agencies or bodies, if we are required or authorised to do so by law; and
- organisations who manage the transfer or sale of our assets or business.
Where lawful and practicable, you have the option of remaining anonymous (or using a pseudonym) in your dealings with ROC. For example, we understand that when customers visit our website they may not wish to become a member. We respect that and have provided visitors with the option to not sign up as a member and to drop out at any time if they no longer wish to be a member of the site.
Access to personal information and keeping up-to-date
ROC takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, our ability to do this depends to a large extent on you informing us of any changes or updates to your details.
ROC will provide you with access to your personal information and/or allow you to correct that information so that it is accurate, complete or up to date, except in limited circumstances specified under the Privacy Act. If we deny you access or refuse to correct your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why.
The "system cookie" identifies the user's browser. It does not identify the user personally and no personal information is stored within ROC "system cookies". "System cookies" can be disabled by the user going to the preferences or options menus in their browser.
If you have any comments, suggestions or questions in relation to privacy, please contact us:
- by post at: PO Box 2537, Taren Point NSW 2229
- by telephone on +612 9525 6288 or
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ROC takes reasonable security measures to minimize the risk of misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised third party access, modification or disclosure of personal information.
Children and young people
ROC websites are accessible to people of all ages. However, we are mindful that some customers who use these may be under the age of 18. In the interests of their personal safety, we urge children to check with their parents before entering personal information on any website and ask parents to discuss these issues with their children.
ROC will also ensure that appropriate disclosures are made at the time of collection of other information from minors, and will only collect this information as is reasonably necessary in the circumstances. Information collected will only be used for the purposes of which it was collected.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your personal information we encourage you to contact our Privacy Officer with details of your complaint by using our contact details below.